Follow P-your on Twitter

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Time to team up and breed those leaders early.

Start your kids early and team up yourself.
As I reflect upon all the teams I have participated on over the years, I see invaluable lessons learned that have carried over into my life. For me, youth sports will always hold a special place in my heart.  It molded my character and influenced me in so many ways.   Practicing sportsmanship, winning, experiencing personal improvement, teamwork, and camaraderie at a young age has taught me many things.  Respect, integrity, humility, class, and poise are among the most important teachings that I have internalized growing up.  I also believe that the physical and emotional pressures improved my social skills and self-confidence to reach further, play harder, and perform well with others in all stages of my life.  Based on these wonderful self-development experiences through youth sports, I would recommend that your children get involved in team competition at an early age and that you stay consistent and committed throughout.  In addition, I further indorse taking part in something that may bring you back to your youth.  This could very well improve your life in many capacities.  Whether it is coaching young kids, joining a softball league, or being a part of something challenging or fun, teamwork will yield many things under the right leadership.   Not only is group competition healthy at any age, it teaches you how to work together toward achieving common goals and objectives.  Ultimately, the more focused, productive, and cohesive you are, the more likely you will succeed as a team and in life.  So get off the couch and get your kids of the Wii.  Go join a team!
Check out these links:

No comments:

Post a Comment